1) The persistent and increasing burden
of poverty on women.
2) Unequal access to and inadequate
3) Inequalities in health status, and
unequal access to and inadequate health-care services.
4) Violence against women.
5) Effects of armed or other kinds
of conflict on women
6) Inequality in women's access to
and participation in the definition of economic
structures and policies and the production process
7) Inequality between men and women
in the sharing of power and decision-making at
8) Insufficient mechanisms at all levels
to promote the advancement of women.
9) Lack of awareness of and commitment
to internationally and nationally recognized women's
10) Insufficient mobilization of mass
media to promote women's positive contribution
11) Lack of adequate recognition and
support for women's contribution to managing natural
resources and safeguarding the environment.
12) The girl-child.